Sunday, February 8, 2009

{Catching Up, Talking to dead people}

The last few weeks I have been thinking a lot of my best friend growing up, Leslie. We lost contact with each other after high school and it makes me so sad.


It is her birthday this month so I called her to see if I could take her to dinner and catch up. She had a better idea! Talking to dead people!


First I have to say what an amazing strong person she is. She has been through a lot in her life. Starting with getting diabetes when she was... I think 8 years old, it was always a struggle for her as a kid not to eat sweets like everyone else...I remember feeling so bad for her. Then we grew up and she had a sweet baby girl that has cerebral palsy. And in the last 2 years she has lost her Dad, Sister and a baby.


So with that being said and with me losing my mom she thought it would be fun to go see Lisa Williams, a Medium. She was doing a showing at the Capital Theater in Salt Lake. So last night we headed up.
I believe that we have people VERY close to us. I have had an experience first hand with my mom after she died but this production seemed a little set up. It was like she had people already picked out, or maybe I am just mad because I didn't get a reading...ha ha.


Lisa would look over her left shoulder and talk to the air. She would say a name and 5 - 10 people would raise their hands. Then she would say how they died, or an inside joke that they had with people and that would eliminate most of the people. Once she found the person that she was looking for she would have them go down to the stage and relay messages for about 20 minutes.


This is me and Leslie last night.


After the show we went and grabbed a bite to eat at I-Hop. We talked and talked and talked. We talked like no time had passed but we caught up with each others marriages, kids, happiness, sorrows....EVERYTHING. It was a great night!


I went and pulled out my scrapbooks. Here are just a few of MANY pictures of us growing up. We sure got in a lot of trouble together but we had TONS of fun!



3 comments:

The Hytes said...

I remember ditching church with Leslie and heading to her house for some orange discs of ultra sugar. I don't remember what they were, just that she had tons of them and we LOVED them! She always hid the sugar from her parents. So funny. Sad that I have forgotten about Leslie until this post. It's amazing where our lives take us.

Leesa said...

hat an amazing experience-- I am so glad that you got to do that and with her too. She has gone through a lot. What a fun night for you two!

Rick and T said...

i love those pictures. your hair is cutier now by the way! sorry mom didn't come thru. she must have been buzy taking care of ross! Love Ya