Monday, April 20, 2009

{Spring Break}

What an awesome spring break!

The first part of the week was SNOW. YUCK! But dave packed up the kids on Thursday (in a snow storm) and headed to the Sand Dunes with the hopes of a nice forcast. Mother nature didn't let us down, it was beautiful! I drove down after work on Friday night and we stayed until Sunday afternoon.

This is a view from the top of the mountain looking over where we were camping. It was a busy weekend!

We went with our friends Jeff, Tara and their kids Starli, Brody and Braden. Jeff and Tara have a really fun group of people that they go with and we were welcomed in.

Our friends Johnny and Ruthanne also came down for a night, along with Dave's brother Tyson and his wife. Never a dull moment with them!

This is McKay and Garrett, Brody is on the motorcycle. They found some great places to go off on their own and play.

McKay said..."Hey mom come watch me jump the 4 wheeler." Oh wow, I did not expect this! Getting all 4 tires off of the ground?? My 5 pound baby is getting so big! Dave is so proud.

Garrett takes it easier which I am more than happy with. I don't think I could handle 2 daredevils. Although Garrett is his own daredevil. He will ride in the sand rail which McKay will have nothing to do with.

This is Garrett doing donuts and spraying sand. He LOVES that.

Jeff and Dave bought twinner shirts at the McHammer/Vanilla Ice concert to specifically wear to the sand dunes. So funny! The back of them say "In your grill with Skill"

They are modeling next to Jeff's AMAZING machine! This sand rail is beautiful and Jeff has spent countless hours rebuilding and modifying it. He is so generous to let us enjoy his hard work with him.

Unfortunatley the rail wasn't running to its full potential on this trip. It needs a few more things that Jeff was hoping to put off until next year but I don't see that happening. I'm sure he will be working hard in the next few weeks to get it the way he wants.

From the picture and video below you would never think this rail had ANY problems. This is Jeff doing an amazing wheelie. I am in the front with Jeff and then Garrett and Brody are in the back. These pictures may look scary but when you are strapped in that machine you feel so secure and it is an awesome rush!

Jeff riding along with his friend John


The men took the kids on a long and challenging ride with the 4 wheelers. They had a blast. This was the group that went.

Headed out!

Thanks again Jeff and Tara for an amazing trip! We can't wait to go again.

4 comments:

Rick and T said...

looks totally fun!!!
glad you had a good one when the first of the week didn't look so great

Kent said...

Was Dave cruisin in his 5.0 with his rag top down so his hair could blow.. Amy on the stand by, waiting just to say Hi....

Amy said...

Did he stop? YES! LOL I'm impressed with your vanilla ice lyrics!

Unknown said...

Hey hey, how fun does this trip look? Awesome.
Looks like good times had by all!