Monday, March 1, 2010

{Project 365, Tsunami Scare}

Our lives are so BORING!  I'm thinking it's because of winter and we are stuck inside.  So a boring life means Project 365 is pretty much on hold.  I don't have anything to take a picture of...it will continue sometime soon I hope and maybe some days I will have 2 or 3 pictures to catch up.

I woke up Saturday morning to a Tsunami warning in Hawaii.  Well my dad and step mom are in Hawaii on a mission so I immediately called to see what they were doing and I could not get through!  The lines were busy!, so frustraiting.  After the 15th try I finally got through. 

They were in good spirits and seemed pretty calm but they could feel the urgency around them to get moving.  They were moving some of their personal belongings upstairs and in the car.  Once they had done that it was time for them to move to higher ground....what better place than by the temple!

I sat and watched the TV for a good 4 hours just waiting for that wave to hit and texting my dad a few times with updates...but the wave never came! At least it didn't come in the size they thought it would.  There are news reports of the water rising and falling but nothing that did any damage. They really dodged a bullet with that one!  I guess it was a good practice for all of Hawaii!

I spoke to my dad today and everything is back to normal.  We are sure glad they are safe! 

2 comments:

Preston and Keri said...

So glad to hear that your family is OK. Gosh, this world is getting scary!! I wonder whats next!

Stacey said...

I am so happy that your family is ok!! That is scary!