Wednesday, June 2, 2010

{12 Years Old}


              2004                                 2010

12 years ago today I was drinking caster oil to trigger my contractions....didn't work!

12 years ago today I was admitted at 7:30am to the hospital for high blood pressure.

12 years ago today at 12:30pm I was still in labor and not progressing AT ALL

12 years ago today at 6:00pm I was still in labor

12 years ago today at 9:30pm I gave birth to a TINY 5 pound baby boy that made me BAWL my eyes out as soon as they put him in my arms.

That time of our life seems just like yesterday and it makes me sad how fast we want them to grow up...I wish he was just little again and would cuddle with me while we watched Toy Story. (his favorite show when he was little, he would watch it at least 5 times a day)

Now McKay is my teenage boy. 

He is well liked by GIRLS
Anything he puts his mind too he makes it happen
His 6th grade teacher gave him the Energizer Bunny award because he can't sit still
He is very stubborn. 
He is very coordinated and does well with 4 wheeling, skateboarding, biking etc...
He is a picky eater.  Any junk food, candy or meat he will eat.  No veggies or fruit for this kid!
He is a bottomless pit.  He can eat a HUGE meal and be hungry an hour later
His favorite place to eat is any buffet.  Golden Corral, Chinese Buffet
He is obsessed with how he looks.  He has this idea in his mind how he should dress, how he should do his hair and it is torture for him to look any other way....insert once again stubbornness here
His idol is his dad
He is shy
He loves watching Nitro Circus and Spongebob
He is very responsible and has a good head on his shoulders.  I can trust him and hope it stays that way
He loves his brother...even though they fight I know that they would be lost without each other

McKay David Horlacher.   I love you and am so blessed and proud to call you my son!

No comments: