I remember this day so well! I started feeling contractions in the morning and counted how far apart they were...about 10 minutes. I called the Dr and he said come into the hospital when they get closer together.
Afternoon comes and they are still about 10 minutes apart but getting STRONGER. I kept calling my mom telling her how much pain I was in but the Dr wouldn't let me come to the hospital . Finally she said.."get your butt too the hospital, I will meet you there". We had just moved into a new house in Eagle Mountain and Dave was working out in the yard. I went out and said it was time to go.
We drove to the hospital about 20 minutes away and by this time the contractions were HORRIBLE! We walked into the maternity section and I laid on the counter and said "i'm in labor!" They rushed me into a room to check me...Dialated to an 8! Stupid jerk Dr. I said, get that epidural in me NOW. I was not about to have a natural birth.
Once they got me all settled and hooked up to monitors I was able to relax for just a minute. The nurse came in...her name was Pam. She said "the Dr doesn't want me to call him until I see hair" What the???? Again, JERK! About an hour later a feel a weird sensation....the nurse checks me and my water has broken and I am fully diolated.
All I remember is nurses rushing in and they were going to deliver this baby without the Dr. Garrett had pooped in the water so they were concerned with it getting into his lungs.
Just a few pushes and my sweet boy was born. Just in time for the Dr to show up. JERK! Can you tell I hate my Dr?
Anyway, Garrett was healthy and around 7 pounds. We were so happy to have him apart of our family.
Some things about Garrett:
1 - He is NOT shy.
2 - He is the first one to greet a new neighbor.
3 - He will tell you our whole life story and not leave ANYTHING out. My dad loves that about him..hahaha my dad likes to get the dirt on us.
4 - He is loud (wonder where he gets that?)
5 - He is so TOUGH. Dave can wrestle and give him dead arms and he just laughs. Dave is amazed at how much pain he can take.
6 - When you yell at him he shivers. That seriously cracks me up and I have to turn away.
7 - He loves fruits and veggies. Not much of a meat person.
8 - He has a raspy voice and I love his laugh
9 - He has no care in the world, he is such a free spirit
10 - He has no filter between his brain and mouth. He will say anything. Sometimes it's a good trait, sometimes it's a bad trait.
11 - We love him like crazy!

1 comment:
Awwww...I can not believe he is 10!!! What a cute kid. And what a jerk doctor!
Post a Comment