I always love a new year. Everything in the past can be forgotten and a chance for a fresh start is possible.
I can make the typical resolutions...lose weight, save money, blah blah blah. As I reflect on 2010 I realize more important things I need to work on.
1. Being a better mother. I have a short fuse with my kids. I don't have patients. I think I expect more out of them than I should. This year I want to yell less and love more. They are growing up so fast and I don't want to regret missing out on this stage in their lives. I want to be a fun, and "cool" mom, I want to be more nurturing and someone they feel like they can come to for any struggles they are having, for advice they need and know that I am their biggest fan. I love them more than life and I let life get in the way.
2. Being a better wife. I am married to the most amazing man! I have a best friend that I get to spend the rest of my life with. Sometimes when I am feeling stress I take it out on him and it isn't fair. He is my whole world and I need to show him that more.
3. Being a better friend. I have the pleasure of knowing some pretty amazing women. Some I have known for a few years and some I have known for over a decade. I want them to know how much they mean to me. I have already started the process of forgiveness and made some appologies. Life is to short to dwell on the past and what people have or have not done to me. I have never really been a jealous person, I am happy for everyones successes and try to show that I support them 100%. I want them to know they can count on me for anything. I am going to stop being judgmental and stop the gossip. I don't want to be known for being two faced or back stabbing. I want to surround myself with positive people.
4. Being a better sister and daughter. Since my mom died my family doesn't get together as often. My mom was so good at planning things, we got together for any little event. Now that my dad is back from his mission I hope we can start doing more things. Birthdays, holidays, activities the kids are in etc..
1 comment:
Number one describes me to the T! I get so caught up in trying to teach my kids how to "listen" and be respectful that I feel like I have lost the part of having fun with them! Does that even make sense?
Anyway, I couldn't have written it better than you did!
Hopefully I can be better this year as well!
Post a Comment