If you remember back in December 2010 I was given an amazing gift from the company I work for. All expense paid cruise to ROME and GREECE. I never thought the day would come but it did!!
After the Colosseum we went to have our first taste of Italy at a DARLING restaurant. The food was amazing!
Then it was off to more site seeing. They wanted to keep us busy so we could get adjusted to the 8 hour time difference. It was bedtime for us and it felt like it towards the end of the day but there was too much to see!
We finally got to our hotel and checked into our room. The next day was filled with more tours so the evening was our only free time and we HAD to go see Trevi Fountain and make our wish! So a group of us gathered together and went for a walk. The first thing I thought of when I saw it was, I feel like I am in Vegas! haha So anyone that wants to see the fountain and not spend thousands of dollars to go to Rome, just go to Caesars Palace in Vegas.
It was amazing and very crowded plus getting dark and I didn't know how I felt wandering a strange country at night so we just took some pictures
grabbed some GELATO (YUM!)
and headed back to the hotel. It was time to sleep and we crashed hard!
The hotel was everything that I imagined it would be. Very European.
We are excited for tomorrow! The Vatican and boarding our boat!
After a 4 hour flight to New York, a 4 hour layover and then a 9 hour flight we finally made it to ROME. Yes people, ROME ITALY. This is where the dream begins!
As soon as we arrived in Rome we didn't waste one second! We had some buses pick us up at the airport that took us straight to our first stop, the Colosseum!
They strapped these radio's on us and split us up in groups.
Tibario was our tour guide. He was so passionate about everything and so funny! Tibario singing to us. LOVE IT! hahaha
After the Colosseum we went to have our first taste of Italy at a DARLING restaurant. The food was amazing!
Then it was off to more site seeing. They wanted to keep us busy so we could get adjusted to the 8 hour time difference. It was bedtime for us and it felt like it towards the end of the day but there was too much to see!
We finally got to our hotel and checked into our room. The next day was filled with more tours so the evening was our only free time and we HAD to go see Trevi Fountain and make our wish! So a group of us gathered together and went for a walk. The first thing I thought of when I saw it was, I feel like I am in Vegas! haha So anyone that wants to see the fountain and not spend thousands of dollars to go to Rome, just go to Caesars Palace in Vegas.
It was amazing and very crowded plus getting dark and I didn't know how I felt wandering a strange country at night so we just took some pictures
grabbed some GELATO (YUM!)
and headed back to the hotel. It was time to sleep and we crashed hard!
The hotel was everything that I imagined it would be. Very European.
Dave wasn't quite sure what the thing on the wall was...we figured it was something to steam our clothes with, which we needed badly after stuffing everything in our suite cases. He pulled it down but apparently that is not what you are suppose to do! It started spraying water everywhere! Stupid Americans! We called the front desk and told them what happened. They could have cared less and never came to look at it so we just tied it up with a towel and went on our way!
Funny story especially for our first day! Just showing how out of our comfort zone we were!












































No comments:
Post a Comment