Saturday, April 20, 2013

{Birthday Celebration}

My friends are better than your friends!
I need that as a bumper sticker for my car.
 
I have the most amazing friends!  It is never a dull moment with them.
I am so blessed
 
We celebrated my birthday early so we could fit in as many birthday celebrations as we could.
 
When I arrived I saw this on the door. 
The story behind that is Dave makes fun of my crocheting ALL the time
he is just kidding of course but we like to tease each other.
I told him I was going to make him a bunch of doilies and he just rolled his eyes.
We got a good laugh out of it.
I made the mistake in telling Malinda this.  Things have a way of sticking in her brain!  One reason I love her so much!
So I thought we were having a doily party
 
I was DEAD WRONG!
 
As I was sitting there talking to everyone,  I received a message on my phone
it was an order in my etsy shop!
 
I created this shop as a joke mainly.  I found a cute granny square key chain idea that I wanted to make everyone and Malinda insisted I sell them!  So I added them to the shop.  It was about a month and not one order.  Until tonight!
We laughed about it and I was in shock that I actually sold one.  And to a MAN?
so funny!
 
we ate dinner and the vibe started to get a little different. I knew something was up.
 
Stephanie is finally getting married!!  YAY!  So excited for her!
 
They are having the reception in her back yard so we walked around and she showed us her ideas.
As we came around to the front this is what I see.
 
As I get closer I see my logo that I made for my store
 
Missie's husband drew this for me!  He is officially hired to draw all of our themed party posters!
 
 
And Stephanie's fiance standing there.
He tells me that he is the mayor and gives me the key to the city!
 
We have a ribbon cutting ceremony
 
And they present to me my first dollar made.
and I actually did make my first dollar that night!  How crazy is that??
I was freaking out and knew it had to be a set up.
They swore on their lives is was just a coincidence
 
My business licence looks SO real!
 
We went inside and had a toast.
Another crazy coincidence.
I got an email from Etsy right after my sale
it had a champagne bottle and said
"pop the bubbly for your first order. Cha Ching!"
 
 
It was by far the best birthday party ever!
They are my good luck charms!
 
Thank you so much for making me feel special.  I don't know what I would do without these women in my life! 

No comments: