Tuesday, June 30, 2009

{Father's Day}

Well it's about time I blog about Father's Day! I seriously can't find enough hours in the day to do anything latley.

We were invited by some good friends Jeff and Tara to go to St Anthony. Idaho's version of Sand Dunes. OH MY GOSH. Awesome! Way different experience than at our local sand dunes.

We left Wednesday morning and stayed through Sunday afternoon.
This place has a.....well they call it a lake, I would call it a big body of water. Great fun potential if it wouldn't have rained 4 out of the 5 days we were there! Friday was beautiful and we spent the entire day at the lake. The kids built a river and small ponds for the TONS of tadpols they caught. Some smarty pants in our group brought a ski rope and a knee board. Of course Dave had to show off his skillz! He wrecked once and slammed his tail bone in 2 inches of water. I try and tell him he isn't young anymore and he needs to chill out! ha ha. But he won't give up being active, I have to admit, he still has game! Garrett even took a MILLION turns! McKay would have nothing to do with it. It blows my mind how different my kids are. McKay is a dare devil as long as he is in control...so riding bikes, 4 wheelers, skateboards etc he does amazing. Garrett....doesn't really put any thought into something and just goes for it but it also takes Garrett longer to perfect something so he gives up and gets frustraited easily.

McKay has been begging for a bigger 4 wheeler for a long time. Dave found a great deal on one and decided to buy it. So now the boys have their own and they are in HEAVEN! McKay jumped on this 4 wheeler with only a few lessons of a clutch and started driving like a pro! He loves SPEED!

This was our home away from home. Great camp spots!
McKay and Brody modeling their twinner outfits! They both LOVE the sand dunes and the sound of their engines. ha ha
Tara and I found these shirts at the store one day and had to buy them to wear when we are camping.
The adults took quite a few trips out on the rails and I loved every minute of it! Jeff has an amazing machine. We drive for a while and then stop to take a break. These girls are so fun to be with and keep me laughing! The rest of the time was spent bundling up and dodging rain storms. It didn't stop us from having a great time!
This is McKay jumping his 4 wheeler. Yikes!
Garrett getting air too!

Dave joining in on the fun
Garrett and Braden getting ready to head out for a ride
And last but not least the amazing rail that we are so lucky to be able to enjoy. This is at a place called choke cherry. It is a VERY steep hill. As you can tell from my scream at the end I wasn't expecting him to disapear out of my sight, Jeff landed it like a pro.

3 comments:

Awesome Andrew said...

fun fun times! haha that tadpole looks DISGUSTING....also you never answered me ...where did you get those rad shirts haha....good times!

The Hytes said...

I cannot believe I now have seen something that actually makes me "miss" Idaho. (a little.) The dunes were a 20 minute drive from my house. SO FUN!

Bob said...

What an "action" family you are! The boys are having fun, arent' they? McKay looks soooo grown up with his longer hair...pretty handsome boy, we must say!
We miss you guys...thank for the pictures to help us enjoy what you are doing!
We love and miss you...
Hawaii is wonderful however!