Tuesday, August 17, 2010

{Two}

When McKay was two years old I decided it was time for us to get a kitty.  I'm such a huge cat person, not many times in my life have I gone without having a cat.

So off we went to the pet store and found that only one cat was left.  He was so stinkin cute.  We bought him and as we were driving home I asked McKay what we should name the cat....he was still learning to talk and most the stuff that came out was jibberish, but the first thing out of his mouth was two.  It stuck.

10 years and 5 moves later this cat has been a member of our family.  No matter where we ended up he was always there.  He was an indoor and outdoor cat and never had a problem with him running away or getting hurt.

Even though I love cats, this cat loved Dave. He would nuzzle up under Dave's neck and lick him.  I would tease Dave that Two thought of him as his mother.

The routine of Two latley has been go outside at night and hunt, bring home half eaten mice and leave them on our porch.  I know that he was so proud of this and would bring them home to show us.

He would come running in the mornings as  I left for work to come in the house and would sleep all day long.  What a life!

Sunday night he went out to do his thing.

Monday morning he wasn't at the door to come in.  I didn't think much of it and just figured he would be back later.

Tuesday morning still no sign of Two.  I asked Dave if he had seen him and he said no.

It's been a week and a half and no Two.  I have gone around the neighborhood looking for him and even looking on the side of  the busy road next to us hoping he didn't get hit by a car.  No luck.

Yesterday we made one last attempt to look at the pound to see if he had been picked up.  He wasn't there.  Driving out of the parking lot I broke down and started bawling...that just made it real that our sweet cat of 10 years was gone.  And the worst part is I don't have closure...I will never know what happened to him or where he ended up.

So this post is dedicated to our sweet kitty that loved us as much as we loved him.  Rest in peace Two!

He was an explorer

A hunter. 
Mice were his specialty but once in a while he would find water snakes at our old house

This is where you could find him most of the time

He was very picky about where he would drink his water.  It had to be fresh.
So he would sit at the sink and wait for us to turn it on

I found this one last night.  Garrett giving him kisses.  SO CUTE!

2 comments:

Preston and Keri said...

SO sorry about your cat! I too am a HUGE cat person and I know how hard it is to lose a pet!
Hopefully someone is taking good care of him!
I'll still keep an eye out for him and hope that he comes home!

Grande's said...

How devistating! I am so sorry!