2nd Ragnar complete! WOW, these are getting addicting. I don't know what is more fun...hanging with a bunch of HILARIOUS girls or running. Both are amazing!
The beginning of this race starts in SAN FRANCISCO! We had to take advantage of that so we left on Wednesday morning bright and early.
We drove the entire way and stayed at Jessica's in-laws house for 2 days, they just live about 20 minutes away from down town. They were so sweet and accommodating!
Wednesday night we grabbed some food, checked out a local $0.99 store which was interesting and then drove up to watch the sunset!
Thursday morning we made ourselves pretty and hit the town!
Had a dance party on the bridge
Walked around the pier and saw Alcatraz
Ate some yummy soup and bread bowls on the pier
Rode the trolley! SOOO FUN!
Checked out Lombard Street.
I was finally able to meet Raquel. She was a pen pal that my mom started writing too when Lynn went on his mission in the Philippines! Her and my mom were never able to meet so when I found out that she lived in San Francisco I knew that we had to find time to meet in person. We only had a few minutes but it was so fun talking to her!
and went back to Jessica's in-laws to get some much needed sleep.
The next morning we went to check in and found out that our start time had changed which made us an hour late! Thank goodness we were able to get them to change it.
It was foggy and cold. Malinda was our first runner. She had the BEST run! Running across the Golden Gate Bridge.
Aubrey was the 2nd runner...I failed at taking a picture but she busted it out with no problems.
Christi was the 3rd runner. F.A.S.T !
I was the 4th runner. I picked this run because the route looked fun around the water. It was beautiful! 5.2 miles. AND I beat my personal RECORD! HOLLA!!
The weather was perfect and I felt really good!
Julie was # 5...she did awesome!
Jessica was #6 She makes this look GOOOOOOD! (one of many inside jokes) SO FUNNY!
Now it was time to fuel up and clean up a little bit. We ate some yummy food
and ended up at a Staples to clean up. Nothing like being homeless!
In no time at all it was time to head out again. These girls are so FAST! Before I knew it, it was time for mine again. This time it was in the pitch dark! 7.9 miles!
Running in the dark on a highway with hardly any shoulder is NOT fun. The only good part about it, is that I couldn't see that nasty hill I had to run up. I stopped to take my bandanna off because I felt like my head was going to burst! It was so hot. While I was taking it off, I dropped the flashing light I had to wear and freaking stepped on it! duh...good thing I was able to use someone else's. Then while I was taking a drink of water this guy on a bike started lecturing me about how I shouldn't be running towards traffic and that he almost hit another runner. I must have looked pretty official or something...I have no idea why he wanted to tell me about it. I got kind of mad and told him to tell someone else.
The last bit of the run was through a cute little town...well from what I could tell. It was pretty dark but it reminded me of Lehi main street. I finished and it felt amazing!
By the time our last runner was done it was pretty late. We stopped at a Denny's to eat and had the WORST SERVICE! Holy cow, it was 2:00am. Why we had to wait an hour to get our food is crazy to me. We ended up getting it to go so we could go to our hotel and eat while we took turns showering. Did I say hotel? I meant MOTEL WOW! We will be doing our own reservations from now on....we depended on the other van to make these reservations for us. Good thing we were only there for a few hours before it was time to head out again!
This last route was SOOO amazing! We were in Napa and there were vineyards everywhere!
My legs were SO tired by this point and once again I had to walk a little bit. AND thank goodness I was running through a town because I had to stop at a gas station and use the bathroom. I was not going to be able to wait until I finished! My worst fear is pooping my pants! And I almost did!
We finished strong thanks to these amazing girls I am with! We had time to get some sleep and get dressed for our run across the finish line.
Our team name was Gold Rushin Gold Diggers! If you run South California and Napa Valley you get an extra medal called the Gold Rush....most of the girls received that one. So fun!
The beginning of this race starts in SAN FRANCISCO! We had to take advantage of that so we left on Wednesday morning bright and early.
We drove the entire way and stayed at Jessica's in-laws house for 2 days, they just live about 20 minutes away from down town. They were so sweet and accommodating!
Wednesday night we grabbed some food, checked out a local $0.99 store which was interesting and then drove up to watch the sunset!
Thursday morning we made ourselves pretty and hit the town!
Had a dance party on the bridge
Walked around the pier and saw Alcatraz
Ate some yummy soup and bread bowls on the pier
Rode the trolley! SOOO FUN!
Checked out Lombard Street.
I was finally able to meet Raquel. She was a pen pal that my mom started writing too when Lynn went on his mission in the Philippines! Her and my mom were never able to meet so when I found out that she lived in San Francisco I knew that we had to find time to meet in person. We only had a few minutes but it was so fun talking to her!
and went back to Jessica's in-laws to get some much needed sleep.
The next morning we went to check in and found out that our start time had changed which made us an hour late! Thank goodness we were able to get them to change it.
It was foggy and cold. Malinda was our first runner. She had the BEST run! Running across the Golden Gate Bridge.
Aubrey was the 2nd runner...I failed at taking a picture but she busted it out with no problems.
Christi was the 3rd runner. F.A.S.T !
I was the 4th runner. I picked this run because the route looked fun around the water. It was beautiful! 5.2 miles. AND I beat my personal RECORD! HOLLA!!
The weather was perfect and I felt really good!
Julie was # 5...she did awesome!
Jessica was #6 She makes this look GOOOOOOD! (one of many inside jokes) SO FUNNY!
Now it was time to fuel up and clean up a little bit. We ate some yummy food
and ended up at a Staples to clean up. Nothing like being homeless!
In no time at all it was time to head out again. These girls are so FAST! Before I knew it, it was time for mine again. This time it was in the pitch dark! 7.9 miles!
The last bit of the run was through a cute little town...well from what I could tell. It was pretty dark but it reminded me of Lehi main street. I finished and it felt amazing!
By the time our last runner was done it was pretty late. We stopped at a Denny's to eat and had the WORST SERVICE! Holy cow, it was 2:00am. Why we had to wait an hour to get our food is crazy to me. We ended up getting it to go so we could go to our hotel and eat while we took turns showering. Did I say hotel? I meant MOTEL WOW! We will be doing our own reservations from now on....we depended on the other van to make these reservations for us. Good thing we were only there for a few hours before it was time to head out again!
This last route was SOOO amazing! We were in Napa and there were vineyards everywhere!
Last run....3.3 Miles.
My legs were SO tired by this point and once again I had to walk a little bit. AND thank goodness I was running through a town because I had to stop at a gas station and use the bathroom. I was not going to be able to wait until I finished! My worst fear is pooping my pants! And I almost did!
Do I look a little tired?? Yep! I am!
We finished strong thanks to these amazing girls I am with! We had time to get some sleep and get dressed for our run across the finish line.
Our team name was Gold Rushin Gold Diggers! If you run South California and Napa Valley you get an extra medal called the Gold Rush....most of the girls received that one. So fun!
We are an amazing team!



































1 comment:
I cant believe i missed this post! It was so good, i hope to grow up to be like you ;) The pictures of the vineyards were so pretty, but I'm glad i didnt have to smell them lol
Post a Comment