I had a really nice Mother's Day this year! Dave spoiled me with a gift certificate to get a couple of pedicures and I snuck away on Saturday and bought me a few shirts.
We didn't have any big plans so we just headed up to the cemetery. I always love the feeling I get when I visit my mom. It is such a beautiful place. And I have been told by a very credible source that when we see a humming bird it is my mom. While I was standing there, a humming bird FLEW past my face...so close that I could feel the wind from the wings. She is so close and I feel such comfort in that.
Instead of the typical flowers that will just die in a few days, I bought her an owl to keep her company. She would have loved my obsession with owls and I am sure she would have fed into it quite a bit.
I hope my boys will learn that the cemetery isn't a boring place that they dread going to.
We didn't have any big plans so we just headed up to the cemetery. I always love the feeling I get when I visit my mom. It is such a beautiful place. And I have been told by a very credible source that when we see a humming bird it is my mom. While I was standing there, a humming bird FLEW past my face...so close that I could feel the wind from the wings. She is so close and I feel such comfort in that.
Instead of the typical flowers that will just die in a few days, I bought her an owl to keep her company. She would have loved my obsession with owls and I am sure she would have fed into it quite a bit.
I hope my boys will learn that the cemetery isn't a boring place that they dread going to.
Lynn called while we were driving up and asked what we were doing. I told him we were almost at the cemetery and he said he would meet us there.
We sat and talked for a minute and decided to go to Lynn's and BBQ some hamburgers. We had a really nice time hanging out with them and the cousins get a long so well! They made a cute video. I will see if Lynn can send it to me or put it on you tube.
After hanging out in Midway for a while we came home and just relaxed the rest of the night. It was perfect.
My 5 pound baby is officially taller than me #stopgrowingup I am so blessed to be the mother of this boy that keeps us laughing, can do anything he sets his mind to and is so stubborn! (Wonder where he gets that). Love you McKay!❤
My sweet Garrett that still loves to give me hugs and kisses. #nevergetsold He keeps us on our toes, will tell you how it is whether you like it or not and you can hear him coming a mile away lol (wonder where he got that) love you Garrett ❤
and of course...this man that gave me these babies. The love of my life that I could never live without!❤ #backoffheismine #idontdeservehim #bestfriend








No comments:
Post a Comment