Wednesday, July 31, 2013

{Bear Lake}

Bear Lake....  I feel it is starting to fade away.  My dad isn't a big fan of it anymore, not sure why.  Maybe too many memories with my mom?  I don't know.  It is starting to feel forced and I hate that feeling.

My dad was so busy this year with other things, he couldn't put us as a priority.  He was planning on coming but you could tell it was stressing him out.  I let him off the hook and told him not to worry about going.

BUT

That wasn't going to stop us from going. It is a yearly trip that I have done since I can remember.  I love it.  My kids love it.  Dave loves it.   I have such great memories with my mom and she loved bringing the grand kids here.  I hope someday I can bring my grand kids and build those same memories.

So like we always do, we packed up the car on Sunday and headed to the lake.  We have started to stay at the KOA and we love it.  We don't have to worry about having a trailer or a tent.

We got there kind of late so we just set up our stuff, drove around to look for spots on the lake and ate dinner.

The next day we found the perfect spot.  Our own little island.  We had a great day playing in the water and having a water fight.  The 3 of us against Dave.


The next day Lynn and his family showed up.  He feels the same way I do about Bear Lake.  He loves it and we are determined to keep it going.  Poor Lisa and Joanna had just gotten back from Vietnam so they were VERY tired!  Lisa feel asleep on the beach and we managed to clean up and take everything to the car with her still fast asleep.  The seagulls even showed up.  She wasn't budging.  So funny!

That night we headed to Pickleville Playhouse.  We love a little Juanito Bandito!  He makes us laugh so hard!  We look forward to it every year!

 
Garrett thought this girl was hilarious and wanted a picture with her. 
 She is SUCH a good actress!

Our last day was a little sad.  Lynn pulled my Dad's boat all the way from his house and it ended up not working.
I think the boat doesn't like Bear Lake either.  It worked fine on Utah Lake!
I could really care less about the boat but the kids and the men were pretty bummed about it.
Next year we will just save up our money and rent a boat.  No Stress!

Lynn taught the kids how to skip rocks.

And they still had fun playing in the water and digging holes in the sand

On our way home we stopped and got lunch and of course a famous Raspberry Shake!  My mom loved these shakes!

No comments: