Tuesday, November 5, 2013

{Half Marathon/Girls weekend}

A while ago we were talking about signing up for a couple half marathons and when I saw the Snow Canyon one in St George I knew we had to do it.  It is mostly down hill and an excuse to get away!

Since Kim, Layne and Summer's birthdays are in November it was the perfect idea.

Thursday morning we headed out and had to stop at the big rocking chair
 
We went shopping, laughed our faces off, picked up our packets, ate some carbs laughed our faces off some more and headed back to the condo to get ready


The next morning we woke up bright and early. 
I'm not sure how we had so much energy at 4:00am

Modeling our sweaters from DI.  While running, a girl said to us..."nice valor"  We cracked up!
 
The back of the bus.  Our bus driver said "that is where the trouble makers are"
Yep!  We were the troublemakers.  I still don't know how we had so much energy that early.
We were LOUD!  So much fun!

We got there WAY to early and froze our butts off!
 
I felt SO good during the run and we were going FAST

Then we got to mile 7.... They ran out of cups at the water station....the worst place to run out of cups!  I was counting on that water and taking some energy chews.

After that it was painful.  I walked, I swore, I wanted to quit.  My legs did NOT want to move another inch

But we finished!

2:17 was my time.  A minute less than my first half marathon.  I wanted better!

My Dad and Vickie came and saw us at the finish line.  It was so fun to see them cheering us on!

I couldn't walk for another 3 days.  It was SO worth it!  We staying until Monday and had a BLAST!  Just laying around talking and relaxing with NO kids.

I think we will make this a regular thing!


1 comment:

Layne Bradford said...

Boo! still sad i missed it. 2014 i will be there!