Saturday, September 29, 2007

{Hawaii}

Here you go! Our trip to Hawaii!!! It is our 10 year anniversary so what better way to celebrate?! Our friends Jon and Leesa came with us, it was their first time so I was excited to show them around.


Our flight left Salt Lake at 6:00am, this is a beautiful view from the airplane of the sun rising.

After a layover in Los Angeles and another 5 hour flight to Hawaii we finally arrived at 12:00pm. We had arranged for a company to pick us up put Lei's on us and take us to our hotel Once we got to the hotel and checked in we were exhausted. We went to dinner on the beach at Duke's and decided to call it a night so we would be refreshed for the next day.

Thursday we rented a Jeep and drove to the Dole Plantationstopped at a shrimp truck that had a table where everyone makes their mark, so I made ours
and spent the rest of the day at Sunset Beach on the north shore boogie boarding.
Friday we went to the Hukilau to eat breakfast YUM!

Walked around the Hawaii Temple, so beautiful!
and spent the rest of the day and night at the Polynesian Cultural Center (PCC). We purchased a package where we had our own tour guide, what a great idea! She was from Fiji and would call us "Lovely Family" when we got separated from her she would yell "FIJI" and we would find her. We got a good laugh out of that. After the tour we had a yummy Luau and the night show.


Saturday we went to Pearl Harbor, it is so incredible to see the ships that are still underwater.
After Pearl Harbor it is only fitting to see the Punchbowl cemetery, This cemetery serves as one of the Nation's two honored resting places in the Pacific. The American Military Cemetery at Manila is the other. It is a resting place for the recovered remains of those who gave their lives during World War II. Also the unidentified remains of 800 servicemen who died in Korea. The cemetery was in 1986 also dedicated to the service persons who fought in Vietnam
Call me crazy but there is this show on TV called Dog the Bounty Hunter, the show CRACKS me up! It is filmed in Hawaii so of course we had to go find the office. Sunday was snorkeling. I get a little freaked out in the water but when you are in Hawaii how can you pass it up. We saw a turtle and Dave went a little more deep exploring and he saw an eel. We had an underwater camera but I haven't developed the pictures yet, hopefully they turn out. Monday was PARASAILING!! I would have never thought I would do this but Dave got so excited I just had to face my fear and do it, I am soooo glad I did, what an awesome experience. It was so quiet and peaceful in the air and the water was so clear you could see down forever. At the end we even got a little dunk before they pulled us into the boat.
Tuesday was more sight seeing. We drove around to the other side of the island, found a rope swing and ate at Haleiwa Joes! YUM! The Prime Rib was to die for!

Wednesday was relax at the beach. We hung out on Waikiki Beach and even found a boat that took us out into the ocean at sunset
Thursday was our last day :( To kill some time before our flight left at 10:45pm we decided to rent some scooters. SO FUN! We drove all over the place, it was a blast.

2 comments:

Jenn said...

Oh! I didn't know you had one of these! :) Looks like SUCH a fun trip!

Dixie Chic said...

I'm peeking over from Jenn's blog, I hope you don't mind. :) I lived in Mililani for almost 6 years, and graduated there in '94, so this post has been a trip down memory lane for me. I am so jealous! I've not made it back to Hawaii since we moved in '94. We just celebrated our 11 year anniversary this year, and will be going back to Hawaii next year with my family- I can't WAIT!! Thanks for letting me reminisce. ;)