Tuesday, October 23, 2012

{Happy Birthday Garrett}

12 years old!  I can't even believe my youngest child is 12 years old!

And if he didn't have a dang good birthday then there is something wrong with him! :)

It started out on Saturday with a party with his friends.  We have always given the boys a budget on their birthday and they can decide how to use that money...whether it is a party, the cash to go shopping or both.  Usually money talks and they go with the cash.  This year he wanted to have a party but didn't want to spend a ton of money (hmmm....do you think they are learning??)   So he decided on swimming.

I dropped them off at the local rec center and decided to get some exercise while they swam...I ran around the track for about an hour and as I was going into the pool area to watch them, they were coming out of the locker room.  They were DONE!?  Guess that wasn't such a great plan after all.

Needless to say I didn't get any pictures of them swimming so I hurried and took one as we were leaving

We went home and I cooked some pizza while they hung outside to play....good thing it was nice weather...I had NO idea what I was going to do to entertain them.



After pizza we had cake and ice cream....then they just hung out and got ready for a halloween party that all of them go invited too.

Sunday....On his birthday, Dave had to work so we just hung out until we could celebrate with him.  I went and got us lunch at his request....Subway and a fruit smoothie from McDonalds.

His dinner request was Golden Coral....ugh.... We invited Jeff, Tara and the kids to come.  It was nice to hang out with them for a little bit.
They made him stand on his chair and they sang to him.


After dinner we went to a few stores because he had some money burning a hole in his pocket.


He settled for am RC car, Xbox Live and we gave him a phone....and he STILL had money left over! 


Grandpa and Vickie are in Hawaii working at the PCC so they sent him a pillow case and put money in his bank account. 

Happy Birthday Garrett!  We love you and your blunt, no filter but soft hearted personality!
 

1 comment:

Layne Bradford said...

So fun! It looks like he had a great birthday.