Thursday, October 25, 2012

{Happy Birthday mom}

Happy Birthday Mom! It has been 9 years since you passed away and it still seems like yesterday. Today begins a week that I dread every year. Not a day goes by that I don't think about the nightmare we went through but this week I re live it. I thought it was suppose to get easier? It doesn't. I miss you every second of every day. I would give anything to have one more day with you.

I am angry. It isn't fair that I will never be able to have that "friendship" every mother and daughter get to have once the daughter grows out of her selfish stage and actually appreciates everything her mom did for her. I miss telling you good news and I miss you fixing things when they were not going so good for me.

I miss you with my kids. You loved them so much and they loved you even more. The bond you had with them was incredible.

I miss the parties you would have to celebrate a holiday, birthday or just because. I miss your cooking. I miss going the the house I grew up in and feeling at home whenever I was there.

I am still waiting to find out why we had to go through this and I know the answers won't come until I die. I can't wait to see you again. I know you are in heaven getting everything in order. You always had to have everything just right.

So until then just know that I love you with every fiber of my being and I will never forget the amazing mother that you were.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Hang in there Amy. I loved your mom and have such great memories of her. It doesn't get easier as we always long to have loved ones in our lives. It's been 20 years since my sister passed away and I remember it like it was yesterday and still really miss her.