Tuesday, December 4, 2007

{Memory Tuesday} {Birthday Wishes}

DESCRIBE A CHILDHOOD CHRISTMAS

The first thing that stands out in my mind is when my mom would sew pajamas. They were usually long nightgowns! So fun, I loved it. She would even go as far as to make a matching pair for my dolls.

On Christmas Eve my mom would come in our room and read "Twas the night before Christmas" My brothers and sister would go to bed and scream in our pillows we were so excited!

In the morning all the kids would have to wake up mom and dad. We couldn't go into the family room without them. My dad would take his time getting out of bed, getting dressed. Then he would proceed to go turn the Christmas Tree lights on, even build a fire in our fireplace before we were able to come out and see what Santa brought. It was torture! Fun torture!

My parents always made christmas fun, even when I was the only child in the house. Santa came no matter how old we were.

HAPPY BIRTHDAY to my step-mom VICKIE! BIG 6 0!

1 comment:

Jenn said...

My parents did Santa as long as there were ANY kids at home too - the last year I was there for Christmas, I was 21, and I still got stuff. :0)

Sounds like a lot of fun!