Sunday, October 14, 2007

{Scrapbooking Retreat}

If you wonder why I have been gone for a few days it is because I have been in HEAVEN!! Twice a year the girls go scrapbooking at a 3 day retreat. The local scrapbook store up here in Midway (Memory Box) hosts a retreat at Hidden Springs Ranch in Altamont, Utah. Where is Altamont you ask? In the middle of no where!! It takes about 2 hours to get there and when you drive through town don't blink or you will miss it. No street lights and the Junior High and High School are together.

The company I work for built an ENORMOUS lodge called Hidden Springs Ranch in Altamont and they rent it out. Most groups are family reunions because the place can sleep around 90 people. The company I work for also owns the scrapbook store so why not use this place for the retreats! http://www.hiddenspringsutah.com/the-lodge.php


We arrived on Thursday afternoon and scrapbooked until Saturday afternoon. We only stopped to eat the food that our "wife" made. We called her our wife because she cooked us some AMAZING food! We also stopped scrapbooking once in a while to potty and get a little bit of sleep.

This was the bunkroom that we slept in.
Some really funny conversations happened in this room.
GIRL TALK!!


I am so lucky to be surrounded by and loved by 5 amazing women!
From Left to Right
Teressa (my sis), me, Angie (my cousin), Cindy (my aunt)


Leesa (my good friend of 11 YEARS!), Me, Stephanie (Neighbor and friend)

There were also some other great girls that we have gotten to know through retreats in the past but I didn't get pictures of them. DANG IT!!! I guess I will need to go again.

This is our organized mess.

Each time we have gone something really funny happens that sticks with us forever. Last time we went Angie was talking to her daughter Kylie on the phone. Kylie was a little upset that Angie was leaving for 3 days and finally just got fed up and said "Have fun with your friends mom!!!!" That was our new moto. I had t-shirts made that say have fun with your friends and we wear them everytime we go scrapbooking. This time someone dropped something on the floor and it made a loud sound, immediatley Cindy says "SCRAPPER DOWN!!" That quickly became something we said and laughed a lot about the entire trip. Now I know my next t-shirt!!




1 comment: