The president of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints, Gordon Bitner Hinckley, died tonight, Sunday January 27, 2008 at the age of 97. Hinckley died from health complications due to his advanced age and was surrounded by his family when he passed away. He was the 15th president of the Church. He served as our president For nearly 13 years. His quick wit and humor combined with an eloquent style at the pulpit made him one of the most loved of modern Church leaders. What a sweet, sweet man. He will be missed.
I very much look forward to the new president who they say will most likely be Thomas S. Monson. As a teenager, I was drawn to him and loved to hear what he had to say. He will be an amazing leader.

1 comment:
I love both President Hinckley and President Monson. I really can't be too sad though - he's lived such a great life and gets to be with his wife again now. :0)
Post a Comment