Tuesday, January 15, 2008

{Memory Tuesday}

Tell the courtship story about you and your husband.

When I think about our courtship and the things we have been through, all I can say is we were meant to be together!!

I met Dave in High School, we were Sophomores. My friend came up to me one day and said "Dave Horlacher wants to go on a date with you" I said, "Who is Dave Horlacher" I still laugh about that because I honestly had never met him before and had no idea how he knew me. I wasn't interested in anyone so what the heck. We ended up talking a little bit here and there, we were both new at this dating thing. He ended up asking me to a school dance. I can't remember which one it was. We had a horrible time. He had borrowed a friends car that for some reason he didn't know how to drive and things just were not going well. So after that night I blew him off and we never really talked again.

About a year later I ran into him at a dance club. I had a pretty bad attitude towards him and didn't give him the time of day.

Another year later we ran into each other at a mutual friends house (we didn't know was a mutual friend). Funny thing....he wouldn't give me the time of day.

It was October 29th 1994 and there I was dancing again at a club in Provo and who walks up to me? Yep it was Dave. This time we both gave each other a chance and we have not been apart ever since. We had a lot of bumps in the road at the beginning but now our friendship and love has grown into such a wonderful thing I would never trade our experiences for anything.

1 comment:

Jenn said...

Wow, I didn't realize you two had known each other that long! I remember you dating someone up in Bountiful or somewhere, in the fall of '94.... that wasn't him, was it??