Tuesday, January 8, 2008

{Memory Tuesday}

Tell about your Grandma and what you enjoyed doing with her

Every summer I would go stay with my Grandma Remund (My dad's mom) in Midway for a few days. She would meet us half way through the canyon to pick me up.

We spent a lot of time swinging on her porch swing outside and just talking, I can still hear the squeaking sound the swing would make.

She was AMAZING at needle point and always had a project going. After she passed away I inherited many peices of work that I tresure.

She had a big window in her kitchen. She would sit at her kitchen table and watch all the activity going on outside. She had a long dirt driveway we called "the lane" At that time only a few people lived down the lane and she knew the coming and going of all of them.

At night she would fix me a bowl of ice cream and we would sit and watch the news together before bedtime. Now that I think about it I was pretty lucky to be eating ice cream at 10:00 at night.

In her kitchen she also had "the drawer" in the drawer you would NEVER be without a homemade cookie. She was actually in the middle of making these famous cookies the day she passed away.

She was always a spunky little thing that kept us entertained. Her famous words "My Hell" still cracks me up everytime I think about it or even find myself saying it.

1 comment:

Kent said...

Those are good memories of Grandma. Reading your post I could smell her house. I loved those mini vacations also(except having to clean up the apples in the yard). I remember she would always buy us cloths or something before we went back to school. I remember many times going to the drugstore where they sold belts and getting my name stamped into the leather of my new belt.