Today I am skipping our regularly scheduled program (Wednesday Weigh In) to bring you what we have been doing the last few days. MOVING. And because my scale is still packed and I haven't worked out or watched my eating. I am scared to see what the scale says. We have thought long and hard about where we wanted to watch our kids grow up. We have been in Midway/Heber for the last 4 years moving around and trying to find roots. With Dave losing his business last year and trying to work his way up to a new career we have been struggling. The housing market is horrible and we can't sell the house that we had to move out of because we couldn't afford. Thank goodness we found renters. ANYWHO! way too much information but what it boiled down to is where we would be happy? We found ourselves driving down to the valley every weekend to spend time with family and friends. Houses in Midway and Heber are extremely high and could never afford. So we looked at a new area in Saratoga Springs and the prices were very good. I found one that I liked, made a phone call and everything seemed to just fall into place. Now I just need to find a good job closer to our new home, right now I am commuting which actually isn't that bad except for the thought that is going through your mind right now. GAS. Gas is going to kill me but I can't just up and quit my job without finding another. So if any of you know of a good job in Utah County or Sandy/Draper/Riverton area let me know! I have been doing secretarial work for 15 years.
Here are a few pictures of our house. It is a 3 bedroom 2 bathroom rambler with an unfinished basement. Perfect size for our little family. We are really enjoying it so far, the boys have already made friends and we have been invited to a neighborhood BBQ.



8 comments:
your new house is so cute!
Im so glad you finally came to your senses and decided to join us! I cannot wait. It will be like old times. Everything happens for a reason and everything WILL work out the way it is supposed to!
My kids are stoked as well!
And HELLO! You haven't even bee there 4 days and it already looks like you belong there!
looks nice! i like rio in the picture of the house!!! how are the pets doing??
hope to see it in person soon
looks nice! i like rio in the picture of the house!!! how are the pets doing??
hope to see it in person soon
congrats! it looks like such a nice house, and i bet you will enjoy being so much closer to everything too.
hope you have a successful job hunt. :)
HAPPY HAPPY day! So glad to have you on this end of the valley! YAY! So when is our first GIRL'S NIGHT??? Will keep my eyes and ears open for work out here!
What a great house!!!! Hope ya get settled in quick. It will be a big change to be back in the area with all your friends!!!
I love the house! It looks like you've already decorated it so nice. Good luck looking for a new job.
Post a Comment