My summer work party this year was at Lagoon. Dave was out of town and it's lame when 1 person has to ride alone on the rides, so of course I had to invite my partner in crime, Malinda! We had a blast!!I didn't want to take my nice camera so I grabbed a couple of disposible cameras...best idea ever!!! I was able to let my kids go crazy with them without the worry of them breaking anything.




McKay and Garrett going up the hill on the big roller coaster....McKay was a little braver than last year, he rode the Wicked and loved it! He still wouldn't get on a few of them...Maybe next year!
Funny story about the rocket...Garrett had never been on it before and he is my brave one so it was easy to convince him to go with us.
We get on blast off first....he had no idea what to expect..it's the one where it just shoots you up from the ground. He didn't breathe for a minute but then started laughing.

Funny story about the rocket...Garrett had never been on it before and he is my brave one so it was easy to convince him to go with us.We get on blast off first....he had no idea what to expect..it's the one where it just shoots you up from the ground. He didn't breathe for a minute but then started laughing.
We get off and go around to the other one that takes you up to the top and then drops you. As we are riding up and up and up Garrett says "okay i'm scared" Oh the look of panic on his face was priceless! HA HA. I'm a mean mom but it cracked me up. As soon as we are done freefalling he starts screaming and laughing and couldn't believe how awesome it was. Gotta love my brave 8 year old!
Going up the big hill on the colausses

Crossies!
The boys being silly of course
Me trying to take pictures while riding the BatI have always wanted to do the an old time photo but never got around to it. Malinda thought it was a great idea so we made it happen! And no sexy ladies here...we are OUTLAWS!!
My work goes all out...the feed us lunch and then have us come back to the pavilion around 6:00 for dinner and prizes. The dinner was really yummy and they made sure everyone won a prize. I won $150.00 to Park City Resort.
At the end of the night the boys wanted to play games...oh how I hate these games and think they are the biggest waste of money but I liked playing them when I was a kid so I gave in.
But if you are going to play these games the best time to go is when they are about ready to close....this guy offered to let us play until we won for $16.00 and they were guranteed a big prize.
This is what we ended up with. I big monkey and a big bannana! Lovely. ha ha
What a fun day! The kids were worn out and my feet are still recovering from all the walking.Thanks so much Malinda for coming!! It's never a dull moment with you around :)




2 comments:
It cracks me up that your son would ride Wicked but not some of the other rides. That has to be the freakiest (but the best) ride at Lagoon. Kids are funny. For years, Spencer would only ride the white roller coaster, over and over, because everything else was too scary. Whatever! That ride feels like it could fall apart any minute.
Looks like so much fun! I have not been to Lagoon in ages. I was hoping that we would get up there this summer, but not yet. I love the old time photos. :)
Post a Comment