My boys were invited to a birthday party at classic skating...since it was family, Dave and I decided to go also.
I haven't been skating FOREVER!! Skates are so much harder than roller blades so I stuck with the roller blades.
Of course the boys picked it up quick and are now pros...Dave, well lets just say Dave has some mad skillz...he was skating backwards, forwards and sideways.
Oh and one more thing.....the day McKay asks me if he can go roller skating with his friends is the day I start to worry.
He had a girl following him all over the place...she even asked him to skate with her. Poor girl got denied HA HA. Then she started sending her friends over to tell him he was cute etc.... He is freaking 11! Thank goodness he was not having any of that and got totally embarrassed which is just fine with me.What I want to know is....what is up with girls these days??? I would have never dared go up to a boy out of the blue and talk to him or ask him to skate with me at the age of 11.
SHEESH!
It just reminded me to keep a short leash on my kids as long as I can and I hope that other parents do the same thing!
No comments:
Post a Comment