DO YOU HAVE A WEAKNESS OR AFFINITY FOR CERTAIN THINGS? (CHEESECAKE, JEWELRY, CHOCOLATE, SHOES, CARS, ETC.)
In the food department I think one thing I crave a lot is microwave popcorn with Parmesan cheese sprinkled on it. I know, weird. My mom got me on that one, thanks a lot mom!
I use to be addicted to Pepsi but was converted to Diet Coke. I can't go a day without one. And if I can get it in crushed ice that is even better!
I also always love getting a new purse. I will buy one and then a months later get sick of it and need another one.
Today in Heber citizens are voting whether or not to expand the building code, this would allow a Walmart and other big businesses to come to Heber. For those of you that don't know Heber it is a very small town but growing rapidly. I remember as a child when they first got a McDonalds, that was a HUGE deal!
Honestly I would love to have a Walmart close by, or anything for that matter. If you need to buy clothes it is a 15 minute drive to Park City or 20 minute drive to Provo. Otherwise you are going to the local store (Kings) or family dollar if you are desperate. The problem a lot of people have is it would put all of the small mom and pop businesses out of business. With the rate the city is growing I don't think they can avoid it much longer.
I will let you know what the outcome is.
3 comments:
I am going to have to try that popcorn thing... it sounds odd but interesting. :)
It's tough to know what to do about big business, you hate to see the mom and pop shops bite the dust, but at the same time getting conveniences is great too. Let us know what the outcome of the vote was.
Walmart is the Evil Empire of America. They are ruining America by forcing out the small mom and pop retailers, lowering wages and forcing good paying American jobs overseas. How dare they come in and force their way into small towns while forcing other businesses to close down.
Hey did you hear you can get a 27" TV for $79.00 at Walmart. I am going to get one tonight.
My point exactly!
Post a Comment