Wednesday, March 26, 2008

{Thawing out} {Bomb Threat}

Well today has been exciting!

Starting with a huge icicle that fell off our building at work. This is why you don't want to stand under one of these things. No one was hurt thank goodness, just the awning over the front door!




And..... I just got back from picking my kids up from the church next to their school. Nope it's not Sunday, it is some idiot that decided to call in a bomb threat to the ENTIRE county so every school was evacuated. What I don't understand is that the threat was called in at 12:00pm, I just found out at 2:15pm. I'm glad that my kids are safe but holy crap do they not have any system to call all the parents? I found out from Dave who is working 2 hours away! The only reason he found out is because he works with a guy whose kids go to school in the same county. Did they just hope that word would get around? I am a little upset about that. What if it would have been a real emergency? The news says the bomb was scheduled to go off at 2:00 so that means I wouldn't have know about the bomb until it actually went off!

2 comments:

Kent said...

So your kids sat out there for 2 hours? That is weird. Maybe it was Janie that answered the phone. That is funny that just three days before that she told us the story how she answered a bomb threat phone call while working in High School.

Audrey said...

Holy Crap! I can't believe no one called you. I'm afraid I would have freaked out. Thank goodness everyone is safe.