Tuesday, March 25, 2008

{Memory Tuesday} {Circle Journal}

What is the earliest memory you have about being in school?

I remember Kindergarten. I went to Rock Canyon Elementary School in Provo for a couple of years until they changed the boundaries and then I spent the rest of my elementary days at Edgemont Elementary

One memory that I have about Kindergarten is that I would get bloody noses all the time. Strange I know, I don't get them now so who knows what my problem was. No, I didn't pick my nose. Anyway, One day I was playing on the playground after school which I wasn't suppose to do and my car pool left me. I was SO upset! I started crying and my nose started bleeding. I went into the office and they thought I was hurt until I could finally tell them what was really wrong. I called my mom and she wasn't home, I remember talking to Kent but he couldn't drive yet so I had to sit at the school until he could get a hold of her. We didn't have cell phones back then! How did we survive? Well my nose stopped bleeding and I finally got picked up. What a tramatic experience. Poor me!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Another circle journal has been passed. This is Lindsey's book. It is titled "That Girl" Basically go back to an age where you would love to give yourself some advice. I chose the age of 18. Here is my senior picture....LOVE THE BANGS!


The advice I gave myself if you can't read it is:

* Keep in touch with your friends from High School. You will miss them a lot!

* Make good financial decisions and always save. The 401k at NuSkin.....DO IT!

* Just marry that boy! He is the love of your life

* Don't stress, Have Fun, Let Loose. Enjoy your kids they grow too fast!

* Take in every moment you have with your mom. She will be gone at the time in your life when you need her the most.

5 comments:

Kent said...

That was funny how you said you called me when you got left at school and had a bloody nose. I can barely remember that. I am sure that was a great conversation. Kind of reminiscant of Nepoleon Dynamite calling his brother at home. That is how I picture our conversation going. What did we do without cell phones?

Rick and T said...

that is so sad! i like your circle journal

Jenn said...

LOL! Once in the 1st grade, I went to get on my bus (I lived quite a ways from the school). The bus driver wasn't there for some reason, but some big boys told me the bus was full and I couldn't get on. They told me to go sit in the grass and wait and another bus would come for me. They WOULD NOT let me pass. So, I got off, but I didn't believe another bus was coming, so I left and started walking. I knew the way home and was smart about crossing streets, so I got home safely, but like an HOUR after I should have, and my mom was FREAKING out!

Jen said...

I loved your advice to yourself. It is so true.

Heather D. White said...

These pages are awesome Amy!!! Love your advice...and the bangs! LOL! I MISSED YA!!!!!