Friday, December 26, 2008

{Christmas 2008}

We had a great Christmas!

The boys woke up at 6:00am which was later than I thought it would be. My mom and dad always had the tradition of making us come wake them up before going in and seeing what Santa brought....it was torture but SO FUN! The anticipation would kill us everytime and I don't think it helped when my dad would take his time turning the lights on, playing Christmas music and even building a fire before we could go in.

I have tried to keep the tradition going just so I can be in the room to take pictures of their faces etc....but Dave thought it was silly and to just let them go in. All the houses we have lived in has had the kids rooms on the same side as the master so I would make them come wake me up before going in. This new house has the master on the other side so they have to walk by the livingroom. When I put them to bed I didn't say anything about coming to wake me up first....but to my surprise they came in our room and woke us up before turning the lights on to see what they had. I was so happy!! They must think that is a pretty great tradition too!

So this is their reaction....see the blur in the picture? That is McKay jumping up and down. He was so excited. I think he has it pretty much figured out that mom and dad help Santa get the stuff and put it under the tree. He was very money cautious about what he asked for and kind of had in his mind that he wouldn't get what he asked for.
I think it is time to let the cat out of the bag. We will still let Santa come and make sure they know not to ruin it for other kids but it is too hard to keep lying to them when they ask questions, and maybe they will appreciate what they get more because they know it is coming from us.They got Guitar Hero World Tour which is more of a family gift because all of us can play together....just call us the HorRocker Family Band!

They got these cool chairs that have speakers in them so they can sit and listen to their I-pods or have surround sound when watching TV or playing video games. Both of the boys got I-Pods and now I need ear plugs to drown out the extra loud off key singing. At least I know my kids will never have a career in singing! ha ha
The rest was just your typical stuff.....cars, toy guns, books, clothes, snow pants, candy.

After playing a few rounds of guitar hero and downloading songs on I-pods we braved the snow storm to go visit Dave's mom and her husband Daryl.

We came home, had visitors, ate lots of food, I downloaded picture to the digital frame I got :), and anytime that Dave and I can sit on the couch and spend time together is a WONDERFUL day. We don't get to do that much anymore with him going out of town all the time for work.

4 comments:

summer anderson said...

So cute, Amy! It looks like all of you had a great holiday! The picture of all four of you playing Guitar Hero is so cute. How fun!

Mika said...

Bummer that you didn't get Rock Band, then we could have played against each other online in a battle of the bands! :) So much fun though!!

Merry Christmas (late) to you and yours.

Rick and T said...

wow that's exciting! mckay mid air!!!
i love those chairs! maybe we will get one more year of believing i really hope so!!!! our kids are getting to grown up

Bob and Vickie said...

Loved sharing your Christmas through your blog! The boys look like they had THE BEST Christmas ever...until next year of course, just like it is suppose to be!
We missed the boys and all of you during the holidays this year...family makes it all so much more fun! We love you all...have a Happy New Year! Be sure to give the boys hugs and kisses from us!
Love ya,
Dad and Vickie