Monday, March 5, 2012

{Grades}

McKay has been struggling this year in school.  He has had the "I don't care" attitude.  When he sees the bad grades he just tells himself that he is stupid and will never be able to get good grades so why try.

Last month we went to a meeting about HIGH SCHOOL and how important it is.  We also went to parent teacher conference.  His teachers had nothing but GREAT things to say about him.  His problem?  Turning in his work ON TIME.  He gets it done, he just doesn't turn it in.  Seems like something simple enough.  This is where the "I don't care" comes in.

I have been watching his grades a lot more closely and reminding him about things.  I think it is starting to click!  The other day he said, "My grades are looking so good...I bet I can get straight A's! "  Wow, that left me speechless!

Taking the kids out of school for a week at the end of January to go to Disneyland was a BAD IDEA.  I can't believe how bad just a week being gone affected his grades. 

With that being said....This is his grades at the beginning of February

Period 1 - INT PE (P108B/122) - Q3 - D
Period 2 - INTEG SCIENCE 8 (S1802/212) - Q3 - A
Period 3 - HEALTH (P0H10/352) - Q3 - A-
Period 4 - PRE ALGEBRA (M2004/422) - Q3 - F
Period 5 - GUITAR 1 (A3410/562) - Q3 - D-
Period 6 - ENGLISH 8 (EN082/662) - Q3 - D-
Period 7 - US HISTORY 1 (HUS12/752) - Q3 - A

This is what they look like today.  HUGE improvement  The C in PE is ridiculous!  All because he missed a week and lost a lot of "participation" points.  I feel like some of these teachers set them up for failure.

Period 1 - INT PE (P108B/122) - Q3 - C
Period 2 - INTEG SCIENCE 8 (S1802/212) - Q3 - A
Period 3 - HEALTH (P0H10/352) - Q3 - A
Period 4 - PRE ALGEBRA (M2004/422) - Q3 - C
Period 5 - GUITAR 1 (A3410/562) - Q3 - B-
Period 6 - ENGLISH 8 (EN082/662) - Q3 - A
Period 7 - US HISTORY 1 (HUS12/752) - Q3 - A

1 comment:

Jenn said...

That IS a big improvement! Congrats!