Monday, May 14, 2012

{Mother's Day}

I had a pretty amazing Mother's Day.

Saturday we went up to Lynn's house, had dinner and went to the cemetary.  It is always fun when we can get together.  It is sad that Teressa isn't closer.

I am always full of emotions on Mother's day. I am so blessed to have 2 sweet boys in my life. They keep me going when I want to give up. I don't know what I would do without them.  But.....My heart also aches as I think about my mom a little bit more. I wish I could pick up the phone and call her or go give her a big hug. I miss her so much!

Sunday morning I was told to get dressed and wear comfortable shoes...(not flip flops) they know me well!  So I put on my tennis shoes and off we went for an adventure.   That would not have come out of their mouths last year. I love that i made the choice to be active and healthy!

We ended up going to a park to eat some lunch.  Dave made some yummy hamburgers


Then I was told we were going to go on a hike.  Up to the Y in Provo.  Crazy thing is, I lived in Provo my entire life and not once did I hike up to the Y.  I was so excited!







We made it!  It was a good hike!  I was dripping sweat.  Guess we shouldn't have gone in the middle of the day.  It felt good to get in some exercise other than running.

Then we decided to drive by my childhood home.  The front looks SO different.  They put up a fence and a million trees.  It looks stupid.  It is for sale and no one lives in it so we walked around.

Look what I found.  Our names and hand prints in the cement.  So cute!  It made me sad.  I want our lives back the way it use to be before my mom died. 


We headed home, grabbed some yummy ice cream at Cold Stone and watched a movie.  I made Dave watch the Vow with me.  One day of the year he can't say no to a chick flick :)
 
Thank you for an amazing day, Dave.  You are the best husband I could ever ask for and I fall in love with you more and more everyday.

No comments: