Wednesday, May 23, 2012

{Wednesday Weigh In}

First things first. 

Happy birthday to me!!  Big THREE SIX  Yikes!  I am officially closer to 40 than 30.  How did this happen??  I'm not sure, but I feel like I just get better with age so I am going to grow old gracefully!

Today I took the day off work because they pay me NOT to work for my birthday, so that is a done deal!  I slept in...if you call 8:30am sleeping in? My body is on such a early schedule I don't get to sleep in much.  I lounged around the house for a little bit then decided to go on a nice long run.  It was a great run except I picked a route that was pretty much a incline the entire way plus the wind was blowing. 
7.55mi Distance, 1:34:28 Duration, 12:31min/mi Avg Pace, 638 kCal
Not a fabulous pace but I walked a lot.

And why you ask did I go on this long run???  Only because I am in TRAINING!  I was lucky enough to be asked to run with Malinda and Kim on the Wasatch Back RAGNAR!  Oh my gosh, I am SO excited!  3 weeks and counting!


Ragnar is the overnight running relay race that makes testing your limits a team sport. A team is made up of 6-12 individuals; each individual runs 3 legs. The legs of the race vary in difficulty and distance, from 3-8 miles, allowing elite and novice runners to run together. Over 2 days and 1 night, teams run across 200 miles of the country’s most scenic terrain. Pair that with crazy costumes, inside jokes, a great finish line party and unforgettable stories. Some call it a slumber party without sleep, pillows or deodorant. We call it Ragnar.

I am runner 2.  First leg is 7.6 miles, Second leg 2.8, Third leg 3.3

I bought a new running skirt to try out.  I want to wear shorts but my crotch is hungry and they ride up.  NOT attractive.  At least the skirt will cover that mess.

I ended up going running that night and I LOVE it!  I need to go buy more!  Oh, and another thing....it was a size MEDIUM.  What the?  I was in shock.  I grabbed an extra large out of habit...nope.  Went and got a Large...it still didn't fit right.  When I grabbed the medium I just laughed to myself but thought what the hell.  It fit perfectly!  LOVE these results!  You can still see my spare tire around my waist..ugh!  I hate that.




Now onto Wedensday Weigh in......

I finally got out of my funk!  Another pound down.  157.2.  Just a few more pounds to my next before and after pictures.  Can't wait to see how that turns out.

I am feeling healthy and happy!  I love running and I love getting skinny...even though I have a hard time looking in the mirror and seeing that.  I still look at myself at 181 pounds. But I am constantly getting told how great I look by my friends, coworkers so that keeps a smile on my face....and Dave.  He is seriously my biggest fan and I LOVE him so much for it!

No comments: