Monday, June 18, 2012

{Wasatch Your Back Mafia!}

I did it!  1st Ragnar COMPLETE!  It was hard but AMAZING!  The group I went with was THE best which made it even better!

We left Thursday night and drove to Logan where the start was.  We went and had dinner at Olive Garden and to the store for some last minute items.

We stayed at Malinda's Grandma and Grandpas.  They were SO sweet to let us stay there!

Woke up at 4:00am to get ready.  It took some time to check in.  At this point I had no idea what I was getting myself into!  The vibe was so fun and everyone was way excited!

Starting line
I was runner #2.  My first run is a blur.  I had no idea what I was suppose to do.  So I just stood where they told me to and when Julie slapped that wrist band on me, I ran my little heart out!

1st run 7.6 miles

Half way

My amazing view while running

Ugly hill at the end

1st run DONE!  Such an amazing feeling
After my run it was jumping in the car and supporting the next runner. Acutally my favorite part about the Ragnar.  Cheering on and supporting eachother.

Run # 5 and #6 was brutal! The name of it was "what the hill".  Kimmie had to run UP it and Malinda had to run DOWN it.  They did such an awesome job!  I was so proud of them!



We ended up at Snowbasin where we had a few hours to chill and eat some food

Ragnar pride!
My second run started a little earlier than planned. Half way through her first run, Julie was having some serious pain in her knee.  Since I was the next runner I offered to run the rest of her route.  She didn't want to quit and kept running.  We finally convinced her it wasn't worth injuring herself



The cars were so backed up from the lack of cops not doing their job and not stopping traffic that I got to my next exchange before our van did, so it was actually a blessing in disguise.  When I got to the exchange I just kept running through.  My legs were a little tired at this point and I walked a little bit.  Thank goodness it wasn't very long

2nd run. 3.4
At this point it was starting to get dark.  Malinda was our last runner and it was 10:00pm by the time she started up her crazy hill.  She did amazing and I was SO proud of her!

I don't even know what time it was when we finally got finished and drove to the next exchange.  It was probably 2:00am.  We pull up some park, pull out our tarps and sleeping bags and tried to get a few hours of sleep.  It was THE worst!  It was freezing and I have no idea if I even got any sleep.

Woke up bright and early to start running again.  What a bunch of craziness!  Since it was 6:00am they made us wear vest and lights.  Very attractive!  I was SO dead at this point.  I seriously only ran maybe a mile at the most.  I walked the rest of the way.  It is amazing how your body doesn't do so well on not much food or sleep!

3rd run.  2.8 miles



What a good feeling to be DONE.  Now it was just supporting the other girls and finishing strong!

We ended our part of the race in Heber so of course we had to go to my favorite place to eat.  TAURAHUMARA!

We rested a little bit and then headed to the finish line in Park City

When the other van arrives we wait for the last runner to show up and then we all run together across the finish.  So proud of ourselves!









Hands down one of the best experiences of my life!  I hope I am able to do another one soon!

No comments: