Wednesday, December 26, 2012

{Christmas}

We had a wonderful Christmas!  I always hate the shopping and worry about gifts and every year I say we are going to get it done sooner and every year I fail.  So out we went on Christmas Eve to do last minute shopping!  We got quite a bit of snow!  It is always fun to have snow on Christmas.
 
Once the Christmas shopping was done I could relax.  The boys wanted to build gingerbread houses.  Instead of the nasty kit you can buy that will just get thrown away, I decided to just grab some graham crackers and frosting and a few packages of candy so they could eat it later.
 
The downside to the holidays is that Dave has to work.  This year it was his turn to close the store.  Thank goodness they are only open until 7:00pm but he didn't end up getting home until around 8:30pm.  So the boys had to wait to open their Christmas Eve present.
 
It is the same thing every year and they know what it is but they still get so dang excited! 
 
Christmas Pajamas!
 
Garrett has been wanting me to buy Rio a sweater and I refuse to pay 10 bucks.  Garrett had some money burning a hole in his pocket so he decided to buy one.  Rio isn't too sure what to think of it but he was a good sport.
 
Before bed the kids decided to bundle up and enjoy the snow
 
Christmas morning was waking up at 6:00am.  What happened to my boys being teenagers and sleeping in????  They were so excited!
We spent an hour opening presents and then Dave and I went back to bed!
 
Garrett got a Kindle Fire, Xbox Live, Xbox game and Xbox mic.  Clothes and a few other things 
 
McKay got a new phone, Xbox game, Xbox mic, clothes and the amazing hat and beard I had my BFF Malinda make them!
Another year over!  So glad to get back into a routine and hopefully stop eating like I am going into hibernation.  160 days for me to lose 30 pounds!  I want to be skinny on our cruise!

1 comment:

Layne Bradford said...

Fun!! I will be right there with you 160 days 30 lbs we can do it lady!