Friday, September 26, 2008

{A Milestone}

McKay's glasses broke the other day and he has been begging us to get contacts. He would sit there and practice touching his eyeball. He was serious! ha ha So today was a big day for him.

I took him to the eye doctor today and had an eye exam. His eyes are actually not that bad it's just his lazy eye that causes him to have glasses. They had his perscription right there at the office so he was lucky enough to get them NOW.

They were really great with him and taught him everything he needed to know. I asked the girl if she had a lot of 10 year olds getting contacts and she said no and she was very impressed at how well he did. McKay is just like Dave, when he has his mind set on something there is no stopping him.

Here he is trying to get the contact on his skinny little finger tip
This was after about 10 tries in one eye and finally getting it in. His face was all red and he had tears rolling down his face (tears of joy of course) We were teasing him that he was crying like a baby. And this is him without glasses. Wow, it's going to take me a while to get used to this. He looks like a different kid to me

7 comments:

Leesa said...

What a handsome kid. Not that he wasnt handsome before but he looks so good! I am very proud of him. They are hard for adults to get used to and he looks like a pro.

Hayden and Brent said...

Amy, he is so handsome! How exciting for him!!!! I hope he likes them!

Kent said...

Lookin good McKay!!!

Awesome Andrew said...

way to go Mckay! nice moves! he does look like a different kid... are you sure he's yours???

Audrey said...

Such a handsome kid. And, for the record, I'm almost 30 and can not use eye drops, let alone touch my eye. Go McKay!

Unknown said...

Whut Woo!!! What a hottie! Back off girls cause I know a girl who will be hot on his trail. (ha ha) I need to show my Janee his picture and I am sure she would be all over it. I remember when I had to get my first set of contacts. And that wasn't until I was in the 9th grade.

Bob and Vickie said...

McKay, you also think you are "a handsome dude!" You look like your Dad, you know! We love the pictures of you and Garrett any time your Mom blogs them...keep up the good work, Amy.

Love,
Grandpa and grandma Vickie