I had the AMAZING honor to help with an Extreme Home Makeover. I have known Emily for 14 years. Things happen, you move on and go separate ways but the love and respect you have for someone never goes away. When I heard that Emily needed help I was on board 100%. She is the sweetest, kindest person you will ever meet.
About 3 years ago she was diagnosed with Cancer, at the same time she became pregnant. She had to hold off on the cancer treatments until her baby was born. She had a DARLING baby boy named Tyrell. He is now 2 years old.
She has been going through treatments for a while and it has made her very sick and unable to work. Her marriage isn't going well and her husband isn't any help.
I went over to her house a few weeks ago and couldn't believe how she was living. This wasn't the Emily I know.
Her good friend Holly put a group together. We planned for today to go over and clean, organize and just make it feel more like a home. We asked for donations and they started coming in. We received an amazing $500.00 donation along with a few other cash donations that helped purchase new couches and a kitchen table. The couches were from Holly's neighbor and she gave us a SCREAMING deal on them. It is so refreshing to know that there are still good people out in this world!!
So, today at 9:00am. 11 women and 4 men swarmed this house.
Here are some before and after photos
This is her Livingroom before. She tried to go through things the night before to help us out. That is totally something she would do! Silly girl.
Livingroom During
Livingroom after!
Are those couches not AMAZING?? This room turned out so warm and inviting. LOVE IT!
This is her kitchen/dining room before
After!
Her office/Entrance. Leesa and I took on this project. Leesa is so good at decorating, i'm glad she was there to put things in their place!
BEFORE
After
Master Bedroom Before
During
After! SO AMAZING. It's the perfect retreat!
Tyrell's Bedroom
Before
After
Guest bedroom we turned into a TOY ROOM. When Tyrell saw all of his toys it was so cute! As were were standing there talking he started pulling out his blocks and playing. LOVE IT!
BEFORE
After
Guest Bathroom
Before
After

































2 comments:
WOW! I get tears in my eyes just reading this!
What a bunch of amazing friends you all are to her!
I bet it was a HUGE weight lifted off her shoulders!
Thanks for sharing!
That was so awesome. You have such a good heart.
Post a Comment