Friday, April 20, 2012

{Back in business}

I went running at the gym last night.  It was the first time in over 2 weeks.  My blister is at an annoying stage, so I pushed through it.

It felt SO good to get my heart pumping again...but it seriously felt like I was starting all over.  I did 4 miles.  It was hard.

I thought it would be fun to start recording my miles.  Check it out -------------------------------------------------------------------->>>

That is just what map my run says.  It doesn't count mileage on the treadmill, so I will start adding that as well.  73.88 so far.  Not bad for a beginner runner :)

For the last few days I have been feeling HUNGRY.  Nothing cures my appetite.  I had to pull out every ounce of will power to not eat junk.  I had the urge to go buy a big bag of Doritos and eat every little crumb like the old days. (one reason why I am as big as a truck).  But I didn't.

Today feels different.  My breakfast satisfied me.  My water is helping me feel full.  I'm not craving the chocolate in the candy bowl at work.  Doritos are not calling my name.

The only thing that has changed is I went running.  I must have a different mind set when I am exercising.  I don't want junk, because it wastes all the hard work I just put in. 

I guess you could say I just had a Ah ha moment.  I learn new things about myself all the time!

No comments: