One thing that I have avoided blogging about is my weight loss. It has been such a big part of my life for the past year and it's going great. I didn't want to be one of those people that talk about it every chance they get and it consumes their life. Not sure why, maybe fear of failure, or I just didn't want to jinx myself. Lately I have been slacking, so maybe posting this for the world to see will get me back in gear!
Wouldn't you think that when summer comes it would mean being outside more and being more active? And with that comes more weight loss? I have the answer to that, a big fat NO!
Yes summer does get you out more but it also means more BBQ's, More vacations and weekend excursions that change how you eat and exercise. Example: When we got back from Lake Powell I weighed myself, I gained 5 pounds in 1 week. Are you kidding me! It takes me 5 weeks to work 5 pounds off! Oh and Dave being home more, how do you cook and feed the fastest metabolism ever!? Well I can't just cook yummy food and not eat it. When he is out of town the kids and I are such simple eaters. Kids eat Spaghetti O's, Macaroni and Cheese, Sandwiches etc... I eat lean cuisines and we are all happy. The boys actually are disappointed when they know I am cooking when I get home from work because they are hungry NOW and don't want to wait. Fine with me! Less mess and work.
ANYWAY!!! I think the venting helped with me making excuses and complaining. Now maybe this Wednesday Weigh-in will get me motivated.
The moment that made me decide it was time to lose weight was when I was walking through Lane Bryant (a large woman clothing store) picking out a size 16 pair of jeans. I thought to myself. I am buying the smallest size in this store, that means I am not so bad that I can't turn it around and change. Later that week I bought myself an elliptical and started working out.
I love food and didn't want to starve myself so I do portion control. It takes longer to lose the weight but I'm not deprived.
Here it is. No turning back now
14 months ago I started working out. I was at 178lbs. As of today I am 153.5. My goal is 135 and a TUMMY TUCK! Giving birth to 2 kids really did a number on my stomach, no stretch in my skin what-so-ever! You would think losing 24.5lbs would change your jean size but only a little for me, too much skin to fill it all in. Oh the muffin top!
I have no desire to get back on my elliptical so I am taking advantage of the nice weather. Sunday night I walked 5 miles and about killed myself! Monday night I walked 3 miles, Perfect! The boys rode their bikes along side me and when we got home on Sunday McKay said "Lets not do 5 miles again"
Tuesday I did my Hip Hop Abs video that my sister gave me for my birthday, LOVE IT!
So every Wednesday I am going to post my weight. Good or bad. I'm not ashamed! GAME ON!
6 comments:
CONGRATULATIONS AMY! Have noticed how GREAT you look in your pictures!!! CONGRATS!
Sweet Sista!!! I am so proud of you! I am right there with you, I hate to diet but man the muffin top seems to just get bigger for me. I have been running and stuff but the pottion control is what I need. I have to say you look DAMN good hot stuff, keep up the good work. And you are going to be shopping at 579 sooooon!!
I am very proud of you! Ok so I admit it now-- we weigh the same and my target is 135 also (and a BOOB JOB!!) So game on- lets race! It will motivate me and hopefully we can do it together then we can recover together!! You have lost a lot and I have totally noticed! I wish I had your legs because that is where my biggest problem is.
I will challenge you if you challenge me!!
Oh it's on like Donkey Kong! LOL. Every Wednesday you have to post your weight with me and tell me what you did that week and if you were good or bad!
If you are interested in doing a personalized program, check out www.michaelelias.com
Shane started doing this at the end of 2006 and I saw how great he did (although we had different goals). So I decided to give it a try because I wanted to get down as low as possible before my tummy tuck. It is a healthy way to lose fat and gain muscle. He even posted before and after pictures of Shane on his website...
Amy you are doing awesome! You motivate me and you don't even know it. I dream of getting to my goal weight but don't have the courage to post my weekly weigh-ins yet ;) You go girl!
Post a Comment