Wednesday, October 8, 2008

{Happy Birthday}


Happy Birthday to my brother Kent!!

We are six years apart in age but I have a lot of memories with him because Teressa and Lynn were out of the house and it was just us two for a while. Kent is so funny! I feel like we got along pretty well growing up. He was always playing jokes on us or just being a weirdo.

He is a sleep walker and I remember many fun nights observing what he was dreaming about. (putting blankets on the porch so his friend could sleep over?).

Our rooms were right across the hall from each other and he would spend HOURS in his room listening to Led Zepplin, Boston, ACDC, Ozzy, etc.... He is the only reason why I know about those bands and know some of the songs by heart.

He is so creative and inventive.

And last but not least, he is a WONDERFUL father and husband. How many dad's do you know that go on field trips, help in the classroom and attend parent teacher conference? I wouldn't put it past him if he was a member of the PTA.

5 comments:

Audrey said...

I loved the pictures and stories. Thanks for a great laugh this morning! Happy birthday to Kent!

Unknown said...

Once at Bear Lake, Kent and I were in charge of driving the boat from the ramp on the east side back to the beach. As soon as Bob drives away Kent says, "I've always wanted to water ski naked". He jumps in the water with nothing but ski gloves and a doo rag and is soon slapping his butt while flying across the wake. I was immediately sworn to secrecy and was told to never speak of it again.

Whoops.

Happy Birthday Kent.

Holly said...

You are pretty goo!! I remember birthdays for the most part, but to blog about it is amazing!!! Very thoughtful!

Heather D. White said...

OK whoa...that HAwaiian dude? Whoa.

Bob and Vickie said...

Guess what Jeff I already heard about this event, you and Kent are like two in a pod. I wasen't born yesterday you know.

Kent's Dad