Tuesday, October 21, 2008

{Happy Birthday}

My sweet baby isn't a baby anymore! Garrett turns 8 today and I can't believe how time has flown!

This kid has no care in the world! He is like Mikey on the Life commercial. Ask him to do anything and most likely he will do it. (He is catching on and tells McKay to do it yourself! ha ha!) Laziness also comes with this no caring and I constantly have to tell him to pick up his toys, his room and do homework.

He is my social butterfly. The last few times we have moved he is the first one to go meet the neighbors, he will be a great welcoming commitee to any new neighbors that builds a house next to us and I am sure he will tell them EVERY process to their house and if he likes it or not. Yep you guessed it, he is TOOOO honest! How do you teach a kid to be honest but not too honest? ha ha.

He is getting a major attitude on him (wonder where he got that) I hope he puts it to good use and its not a view of what is to come when he is a teenager.

He also has a very loud voice. (wonder where he got that) We are always telling him to tone it down a few octives. Seriously, I am going to go get his ears checked. ha ha

With all this I love him to pieces and I would never trade him for anything!

Happy Birthday Garrett! We are so happy you are a part of our family!






4 comments:

Unknown said...

Nice, Happy 8th Birthday dude! I hope it was a happy happy. Oh and this is for mom: It is sad when your baby starts growing up, it seems like it happens right before your eyes. But keep truckin mom soon he will be a teenager. chuckle chuckle:)

Kent said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY GARRETT!!!!!
YOUR THE BEST!!!

Jill said...

Amy, he is adorable. You know it's been way too long since our families have seen each other when I about died finding out he was eight!

summer anderson said...

Amy, I'm so glad you left a note on my blog. It was fun to see your pics too. Your boys are adorable, of course!