Sunday, October 5, 2008

{The Host}


Oh my gosh! It's about time that I finished this book! I got it in May for my birthday! But in my defense I did stop half way through to read Breaking Dawn and then with moving, new job, stress, etc... I finally sat down and finished!

This was a hard book to get into, very confusing at first. But once I got familiar with who was talking and came to the actual love story and connections that people had with each other it flowed nicely. I would recommend it, just don't let the beginning discourage you.

5 comments:

Unknown said...

It's about freakin time lady :)
It is a great book but I do agree you have to get past the first little bit to really understand what is going on.

Awesome Andrew said...

The part that really spoke to me is the connection between fangs and the love triangle with humans and animal meat. The comparison between sublime substinance and overall compasion drove the ending to a climatic finish that surprises with fantastic flair. I'm glad you finally finished the book, so we can compair notes!

Amy said...

You haven't read the book have you? Ha Ha. Your a HOOOOOOOT

Holly said...

I love to read jut never do it. It took me a year to read the Divinci Code. Now I am reading my Dads Jr. Novel Moon without magic and I am going on month 5. Thats a book that should be done in a day. HAHA!!! Its not that I am slow, I just am distracted. Hmmmm....

steph said...

I have also had this book since May and haven't been able to get into it. Your post has inspired me to start again and keep going. I'll let you know what I think.