Carolyn (Joan) Edwards Remund October 25, 1943 - November 2, 2003
Wow it has been 5 years since the death of my mom. Somedays it feels like yesterday.
Holidays and birthdays seem to be the worst. She always made a big deal about it and made sure the family got together regularly.
I still find myself wanting to call her when something exciting is happening because she would be so happy! Or when something stressful is going on she always had the answers.
She loved her grandkids more than life itself and she was so good at making each one of them feel special. My kids miss her dearly, especially McKay. She watched him every Wednesday while I worked, they had a very close bond and I miss that so much.
As tears roll down my checks while I write this I am grateful for having such a wonderful mom that loved us unconditionally even though we all had a part in giving her LOTS of grey hair! I know that she is in a happier place where she doesn't have any worries. She was a worrier! She is preparing for all of us to join her someday, I'm sure everything will be in order. She was also an organizer and planner!
I LOVE YOU!

5 comments:
CANCER DOES SUCK.....
i know! i forgot about this anniversary. :(
We miss her also! She was a wonderful mother and you are blessed to be her daughter! She loves you still and always will!
Love,
Dad and Vickie
I had some tears reading your post as well. I feel so lucky that I had the chance to know your mom. She was a wonderful woman and we miss her to!
Oh, how I loved your mom. You could always count on her for a smile and some really yummy food! We all miss her.
Post a Comment