Sunday, May 4, 2008

{Camping}

We went camping this weekend with some good friends of ours, Jon and Leesa. It ended up being some friends of theirs and friends of friends. basically a big group of people we didn't know but we had a great time.

First things first. We have a tent trailer but we were thinking about getting something bigger. My dad called me last Saturday to see if we wanted to buy my aunt and uncle's trailer that they were selling. Dave went and looked at it the next day. We got it!

Dave brought it home on Friday afternoon and we were on the road with it at 5:00pm to go camping. It is old but still a great trailer! It is huge and best of all it has a bathroom with a shower! 1 big reason why I always hated to go camping in the tent trailer.

We didn't get to our destination (Elberta which I had never heard of or been to before) until late so we pretty much sat around the fire for a while and then went to bed.

The next day the grown ups went on a ride while the kids stayed back, they watched movies and just hung out.

One of the guys we were with was pretty familiar with the area so he took us to see some great stuff. First we drove through this tunnel that was used by trains. I guess this area was big on mining at one time.

Next we stopped at this huge hole in the ground covered with rebar. The pictures don't do it justice, this thing was enormous! We even dropped a huge rock to see how far down it would go. It probably took 10 seconds before we heard it land.


And last but not least the great views of Utah Lake and the mountains. It was great to have some quality time with Dave. We don't get very much of that these days.Another reason why we wanted to get out and go camping is because the kids and Dave got guns for christmas and they have been wanting to shoot them so bad! I even got a few shots in. Dave was very impressed with my shooting skillz. A family that shoots together stays together! LOL



This picture cracks me up! All the men standing around watching Dave, I wonder what is going through their minds at that moment?!



McKay caught a lizard, thank goodness I talked him into leaving it there, we almost had a new pet.And of course our trip wouldn't be complete without me taking a scrapbooking moment picture. I just can't get over what an amazing father Dave is. These boys worship the ground he walks on and I have no doubt in my mind that he will not let them down!

No comments: