It was also my friend Leesa's birthday so I figured we would make a big night out of it. First we went to dinner at Chili's. I had invited some of her friends to show up and surprise her. She got some great gifts and we laughed until our cheeks hurt
We didn't get to Border's where they were having the midnight release party until later than we probably should have because I was number 895. OH WELL.We walked around a bit and people watched. Some people were REALLY into it and dressed up which was very entertaining to see. They were doing a blood drive so we went to do that but they were shutting things down and only 2 people in our group were able to give. Midge and Madge of course! I guess they took a little too much from Madge, she got light headed. HA HA HA. Oh and they were giving out fangs so of course they had to put those on while giving blood.


We waited

and waited
When we got sick of waiting and listening to people scream as they came out of the store with their books (some people were even reading the last page and then making comments in front of everyone!!) Tara and Leesa made their way into the crowd and got in position 800 rather than 895. At about 2:00am we got our books!
My weekend was so busy I didn't get to start the book until Sunday and I am on chapter 11. The book was SOOOO worth the stand in line. It is killing me not to be able to read it at work right now!
3 comments:
I'm reading this book too like everyone else. I'm only on page 150 so you are further along and I'm glad you're liking it. We'll have to chat about it when we're done. Happy reading!
way fun night! Thank you so much for it!
I am loving the book btw. I kinda dont want to finish it!
It was such a fun night!! Yes I finally finished my book late last night. I didn't get started until late thurs. But man oh man let me know when you finish!! loved it
Post a Comment