Write about what you remember about your wedding day and your feelings.
Since it was just our anniversary I thought I would do a little recap on our wedding day. 11 years ago.
I was determined not to have my wedding and reception in a church gym, especially the one that I grew up next to with the orange carpet and orange sound panels on the walls, oh and lets not forget the orange curtain on the stage.
We found a senior citizen building in Provo that was cheap and the decor was workable.
My wedding was a traditional wedding with bridesmaids, groomsmen and a long line that everyone had to go along and shake hands. My colors were periwinkle & white with accents of ivy and greenery everywhere.
My bridesmaids were: Leslie (my best friend growing up) Leesa (a girl I had become really close with for about 2 years) Ofa (a girl from High School that I was really good friends with), Tara (Dave's sister) and Teressa (my sister)
Dave's Groomsmen were: Kory (his brother) Tyson (his brother) Jon (Leesa's husband and good friend) Johnny (good friend growing up) and Jerik (another good friend growing up)
During the ceremony it started to get VERY hot and everyone had sweat pouring down their faces. Now that I think about it I don't think this place had air conditioning because my cake melted and was sideways by the end of the night.
After the ceremony we had a lunch that the ladies from my ward helped with. Your typical sandwich, fruit and piece of cake.
The reception was from 6pm to 8:30pm. What a LONG night! My mom and dad have a million friends that they invited so it went for a full 2 + hours. Dave's brothers and friends are big jokesters and by the end of the night they were giving fake names to everyone. We were laughing SOOOO hard.
One thing that I regret was not getting a professional photographer. We had a friend with a nice camera do it. They turned out fine but they also could have been SO much better. I did get my bridals professionally done which turned out beautiful. My dress was very simple with a long train, I loved it!
We didn't want our car decorated so we hid it down the street and had a horse and carriage pick us up. It was a lot of fun!
Wow, now that I think back we were so young and knew nothing about marriage but I guess no matter how old you are there is a lot to learn so you just have to dive in and I am so glad we did. 11 years later even with a lot of stress and worries, we are happier than we have ever been.
1 comment:
HAPPY BELATED ANNIVERSARY you two. I remember your wedding day very well. It was beautiful and Amy you looked so lovely... Dave cleans up pretty well too. I am so happy for you and wish you both all the love and happiness you can handle. Keep loving each other. "Mom"
Post a Comment