First off I said goodbye to my 2 little boys as I sent them to their first day of school, the problem is they aren't my little boys anymore!
McKay is going into 5th grade! I am just blown away at how big he is getting. When we walked into his classroom it was a whole new world for him. No more cartoon or cutsie stuff on the walls, his teacher means business. Part of it I'm sure is because his teacher is male.
McKay looked at me when he saw the bus turn the corner and said, "Well, here we go" I could tell he was really nervous but he will do fine.
Garrett is going into 2nd grade and his teacher looks very organized which I LOVE. It makes it so much easier for me to help the boys keep up on their school work when the teacher is on the ball. Garrett was so excited and ready to make friends.

Then I drove to the airport to say goodbye to my Dad and Vickie. They are going on a Mission to Hawaii for 2 years. This is a service mission so they will be working at the Polynesian Cultural Center. My dad working on the HVAC system and Vickie helping with the First Aid. They will do great!
ALOHA!!!!
4 comments:
wow what a day. Very cute pictures. Emily
It sounds like you had a long and bittersweet day. Hang in there.
What a day for you! I swear...your Dad is seriously so cute! LOL! I bet they will be incredible missionaries!!!
that makes me cry to see how big they are also!
i think 5th grade is when the teachers start to prepare them for jr high. or middle school!
thats a great picture of dad and vickie pulling their bags ! fun fun!
Post a Comment